A company in Kansas has built an oasis for the uber-wealthy to hide out in while the above-ground world deals with pandemics and severe civil unrest. It’s called Survival Condo, and it’s several floors of luxury amenities buried 200 feet underground. The exact location is kept hidden but the approximate area is several hundred miles from Kansas City.
Survival Condo is a retro-fitted Cold War nuclear silo that houses several floors of underground condos which can withstand a 12-kiloton nuclear bomb.
Prices for condos start at $1 million, plus a $2,500 per month condo fee to cover expenses such as food, ammo, electricity and internet connectivity.
“All of our people are self-made millionaires,” said Larry Hall, the owner of the Survival Condo. “They’re very successful: doctors, engineers, lawyers, international business people… almost all of them have children. And they’re concerned about the ‘what if’ scenario.”
The complex houses a pool, cinema, gym and library, as well as an infirmary and general store.
Some of the other amenities include:
- Elevator & Stairwell Access throughout the facility.
- Over 20,000 square foot of floor space in the monolithic dome.
- Redundant electric sources.
- Redundant water supply with minimum of 75,000 gallon reserve tanks.
- Redundant air filtration including Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical (NBC) filtration.
- Organic hydroponic and aquaculture food production.
- General Store.
- Indoor Pool & Spa, and a complete workout facility.
- Custom theater.
- Custom Bar & Lounge.
- Library & Classroom.
- Command & Control Center.
- Medical First Aid Center.
- Communication Center complete with on-site Internet subset access.
- Digital weather station.
Some of the condo features include:
- Full-Floor layout is approximately 1,820 square feet of living space.
- Half-Floor layout is approximately 900 square feet of living space.
- Maximum occupancy for full & half floor layouts are 10 and 5 respectively.
- Full kitchens with High-end stainless appliances.
- Full Spectrum LED lighting throughout.
- Kohler fixtures throughout.
- 50-inch LED TV and home automation system with remote off-site access.
- Biometric Keyless access.
- Each unit is fully furnished and professionally decorated.
- Each unit comes with a five-year food reserve per person.
- Washer and dryer in each unit.
The facility has a maximum occupancy of 75 people that can survive for about five years.
You can learn more about Survival Condo here.